That is precisely the reason we want you to really feel comfortable during your first visit. Why not take a look at our team of doctors to get a first impression to see which one you would feel most comfortable with for your first appointment?
Not really, but there are some things you can keep in mind. For example, many patients choose longer clothing (like a long shirt or a dress) for their appointments because it helps them feel less “naked”. In Germany, clinics and doctor’s offices usually do not provide robes or any other disposable garments. If you feel like changing into something else that you brought for your exam, we have changing booths available for you in our exam rooms.
There is no need for a special kind of hygiene! You also don’t need to remove any body hair for us. We know and love the female body in every form and shape!
You might want to think about what you would like to know from your doctor. Some of the topics that are usually discussed are your period (if you have documentation of your cycle, bring it, that’s great!), medical family history, sexual contraception, allergies, previous surgeries and your general health.
If you would like to fill out some of the paperwork up front at home, you can download our “patient’s history form” and our “pill form” from our website. If you have a vaccination certificate, please bring it!
- Are you missing a period?
- Is your cycle very irregular?
- Is your period unusually strong?
- Are you in a lot of pain during your period?
- Do you experience vaginal discomfort? Itching, stinging, burning?
- Strongly smelling discharge? Strange color?
- Pain in your breasts?
- Do you have a contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy?
- Do you think you could be pregnant?
- Do you think you might need the morning-after pill?